Have you ever asked:
- Where can I find cancer information on the Internet?
- How can I help consumers identify reliable cancer information?
- How can I continue to improve my cancer database searching?
For answers to these questions, and many others, join the Cancer Librarians Section of the Medical Library Association (MLA). Select the Cancer Librarians Section when filling out your MLA membership form. Call, write or use the onbline form using the contacts below.
Medical Library Association
65 E. Wacker Place, Ste. 1900
Chicago, IL 60601-7298
Benefits of membership include:
- Communication among colleagues with similar interests
- The opportunity to join the Cancerlib listserv
- Access to the Cancer Librarians Section Newsletter
- Opportunities to design and participate in section
- Programming and meetings
Download our brochure to learn more about the benefits of section membership.
Additional information is available at the Medical Library Association Web site, you can also find out more about MLA'a sections on the Section Council Web site.
The Cancer Librarians Section won MLA's Section Project of the Year in 2012 for innovative programming.
Read all about the founding of the section, the librarians that made it possible and the legislation that created funding for modern cancer research in these documents, 1989 oral history and the 1997 section history update.
For information about CLS events at past MLA Conferences, visit our new annual meeting page.